9 December 2023, 11:15 – 16:30, University of Leicester.
Settlement at the Margins: Living on the Edge.
- Elaine Jamieson, University of York ‘Inhabiting the Inner Hebrides: Exploring Medieval Settlement on the Island of Islay’
- Eugene Costello, University College Cork ‘Upland Farming and the Question of Climate Adaptation in Scotland and Ireland‘
- Fiona Edmonds, Lancaster University ‘Settlement and Society in Medieval Lancashire: the Records of the Forest Justice’
- David Stone, MSRG ‘Medieval Houndtor: a Contested Landscape’
- Stephen Rippon, University of Exeter ‘An Integrated Economy: the Exploitation of Diverse Pays in the South-West’
To be preceded by the Group’s AGM.
Members in-person + lunch: £22
Without lunch: £15
Non-members in-person + lunch: £25 Without lunch: £20