Our contact details
Friends of the Centre for English Local History, 15 Church Street, Scalford, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 4DL. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics including names, contact details and year of graduation (for student members).
- Transaction data including banking details for payments made to us.
- Financial information including applications for bursaries and grants.
- Information about your access requirements and dietary needs which will allow us to provide access and keep you safe at our events.
How we obtain your personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided by you for one or more of the following reasons:
- You joined our mailing list – we need your email address to communicate with you.
- You are an officer of a local history society – we would like to bring our activities to your attention.
- You applied to attend an event – we need your information to contact you regarding the event and to ensure your access and safety.
- You applied to become a member – we need your information to run your account.
- You completed a Gift Aid form – we need this information to claim Gift Aid from HMRC.
- You applied for a bursary or grant – we need your information in order to consider your application.
- You have purchased one of our publications or other goods or services – we need your information to administer the sale.
- You have contacted us for any other reason – we need your information to respond to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent: if you have applied to join our mailing list, you have given your consent for us to retain and use your email address. If you have applied to attend an event, you have given your consent for us to hold information about your access requirements, dietary needs or other special requirements. You may remove your consent at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by post to Friends of the Centre for English Local History, 15, Church Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 4DL.
- Contractual obligation: if you are a member of the Friends, we use your personal data in order to provide you with membership benefits and keep you informed of our activities.
- Legal obligation: we have a legal obligation to maintain and retain Gift Aid forms, records of payments and records of bursaries and grants awarded.
- Legitimate interest: we have the right to promote our activities to other local history groups.
How we store your personal information
Your personal data is securely stored on password-protected PCs and encrypted back-up servers. We will securely dispose of your personal information when it is no longer required under the lawful bases described above:
- Mailing list contact details (non-members) – within 1 month of your request to remove you from the mailing list.
- Payment transactions – 7 years from the date of transaction.
- Gift Aid declarations – 7 years from the date of the final donation covered by a Gift Aid declaration.
- Bursaries and grants – 7 years from the date of the payment of the bursary or grant.
- Contact details – 3 years from the date of your final membership fee payment.
- Access and dietary information – within one month of the event.
- Membership archive – an historical record is maintained of member’s names and period of membership.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at 15 Church Street, Scalford, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 4DL or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint by email to email@example.com or by post to the Friends of the Centre for English Local History, 15, Church Street, Scalford, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 4DL.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Helpline: 0303 123 1113. Website:https://www.ico.org.uk