The FCELH has a small publication programme the aim of which is to make high quality research available to anyone.
Friends’ Papers for Purchase
For more information please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help with your requirements
… or write to:
Publication Sales FCELH, Hollow Croft, Church Lane, Thorpe, Ashbourne, DE6 2AW
enclosing a cheque payable to Friends of the Centre for English Local History.
Still in Print
No. 10, M. Tedd, Naming in Anstey, 1850-1950: a Mirror of Social Structure, £6 inc. p&p.
H. Fox, The Evolution of the Fishing Village: Landscape and Society along the South Devon Coast, 1086-1550. £7 inc. p&p.
All 0thers at £4.00 inc. p&p.
No. 7, Geoff Wolfe, Keeping the Peace: Warwickshire, 1630-1700.
No. 8, Pam Fisher, An Object of Ambition? The Office and Role of the Coroner in Two Midland Counties, 1751-1888.
No. 9, S. Pinches, M. Whalley & D. Postles (eds), The Market Place and the Place of the Market.
Derryan Paul, Why so Few? Rebuilding Country Churches in Herefordshire, 1662-1762.
Available as digital (pdf) copy
Donation suggested £2 – please contact Publications
No. 4, Marion Aldis and Pam Inder, John Sneyd’s Census of Ipstones in 1839.
Pam Fisher, Alan Fox, Mike Thompson: ‘English Local History at Leicester: A Bibliography and History, 1999-2008‘.
Published as a free download from the Friends website or as a CD for £2.00. Paper copies on request.
Margery Tranter, Ken Hawker, John Rowley and Mike Thompson (eds), English Local History: The Leicester Approach. A Departmental Bibliography and History, 1948-1998. £4.00 inc. p&p (reduced from £11.50).
We regret that the publications listed below are now out of print and cannot be supplied:
- D. Postles, Lay Piety in Transition, 1998, 69pp.
- T. McIntosh, The Decline of Stourbridge Fair, 1770-1934, 1998, 43pp [winner of the John Nichols Prize, 1993].
- A. Flather, The Politics of Place. A Study of Church Seating in Essex, c.1580-1640, 1999, 55pp [winner of the John Nichols Prize, 1998].
- B. Trinder, The Market Town Lodging House in Victorian England, 2001, 100pp.